In some cases, there are funding options available for families accessing Speech Pathology assessment and intervention services.
- An Enhanced Primary Care Plan (EPC) can be accessed by clients of all ages; your child may be eligible for up to 5 services per calendar year.
- There are additional items available for People of Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander Descent.
- Refer to your GP for more information about accessing Medicare rebates.
Helping Children With Autism (HCWA)
HCWA packages are available for clients with a confirmed diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Children with a confirmed diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder who are under 13 years of age may be entitled to a one off block of support.
- Up to 4 assessment sessions, and
- Up to 20 therapy sessions (up to 10 per allied health professional discipline).
Refer to your child’s Paediatrician or Psychiatrist for more information about accessing HCWA funding.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
In some cases, you may be eligible for a funding package under the new NDIS. Clients whose package is self-manage or plan-managed, either in part or in its entirety, are eligible to access speech pathology and RDI® services at Developing Minds Speech Pathology. See your NDIA Planner for more information.
Private Health Care Funds
Some private health care funds also fund Speech Pathology assessment and intervention, depending upon the level of extras cover your family has. If you have private health cover, you can check with your fund if you or your child is eligible.